- Age / Skill level: Children (co-ed) ages 5-6 (2017 and 2018 birth years). For both first year U6 players that have learned to skate and want to learn the fundamentals of hockey, and for second year U6 players who have completed a year of learn to play and are ready for further U6 Mite Development (Older/younger children accepted on case by case basis)
- Format: Ice 2X week
- Skills/Practice: Station based with focus on ABC'S (agility, balance, coordination, speed) and hockey fundamentals. Currently scheduled for Saturday mornings, 8:20 am, Hingham, Rink A
- Games typically on Sundays at the Bog (mini-rink, and potentially half sheet for advanced teams) in the Bay State Hockey League (BSHL). Games are 4x4 (with goalie) with blue pucks and mini nets. Games played against other Town U6 programs (Marshfield, Duxbury, Pembroke, etc.)
- Teams: Players are placed on one of the U6 Seahawks teams to compete in BSHL games (Gold, Silver and Bronze Divisions)
- Cost: $1000 (Team jersey and socks included)
- To Register for South Shore Seahawks: Welcome | 2023-24 Season League Play | South Shore Seahawks (sportngin.com)
- USA Hockey number required to register with Seahawks.
- Volunteering/Coaching: All of the coaches are volunteers. If you have any hockey/figure skating background, and would like to help coach on the ice, please let us know!
- Season: September - March (approx. 28 weeks)
- Equipment/Preparation: Full equipment required
If you have any questions, please contact
U6 Development Level Director