- Age / Skill level: Children ages 4-7 (co-ed) who have learned to skate and want to learn the fundamentals of hockey. (Older/younger children accepted on case by case basis)
- Format: Ice 2X week (Saturday and Sunday mornings)
- Skills/Practice on Saturdays at 8:30 am (Hingham, Rink A). Station based with focus on ABC'S (agility, balance, coordination, speed) and hockey fundamentals.
- Games on Sundays at either 8:15 or 9:25 (Hingham, Rink B). Games are either 3x3 or 4x4 (no goalie) on small ice surface with mini nets.
- Teams: Players are placed on one of 4-6 teams (e.g., Red Wings, Flyers, Maple Leafs) and are provided team jersey and socks. Games are all "in-house" (i.e., against the other Seahawks Learn to Play Hockey teams). End of season round-robin type tournament with pizza party and trophies!
- Cost: $950 (Team jersey and socks included)
- To Register for South Shore Seahawks: Welcome | 2021-2022 Season | South Shore Seahawks (sportngin.com)
- USA Hockey number required to register with Seahawks.
- Registration for Seahawks Learn to Play Hockey is on a rolling basis, i.e., players can register in-season (pro-rated) as long as there is room on a roster. (Space is limited)
- Volunteering/Coaching: All of the coaches are volunteers. If you have any hockey/figure skating background, and would like to help coach on the ice, please contact Bryan Duggan at email@example.com
- Season: September - March (28 weeks)
- Equipment/Preparation: Full equipment required
If you have any questions, please contact
Learn to Play Hockey Level Director