- Age / Skill level: Children (co-ed) ages 5-6 (2016 and 2017 birth years) who have learned to skate and want to learn the fundamentals of hockey. (Older/younger children accepted on case by case basis)
- Format: Ice 2X week (Saturday morning practice / skill and one game (typically Sundays)
- Skills/Practice on Saturdays at 8:30 am (Hingham, Rink A). Station based with focus on ABC'S (agility, balance, coordination, speed) and hockey fundamentals.
- (Optional Skills with U8 - Mite Dev program on Tuesdays at 5:40 p.m., Hobomock (Pembroke), additional cost)
- Games typically on Sundays at the Bog (mini-rink) in the Bay State Hockey League (BSHL). Games are 4x4 (with goalie) with blue pucks and mini nets. Games played against other Town U6 - LTP programs (Marshfield, Duxbury, Pembroke, etc.)
- Teams: Players are placed on one of the U6 - LTP Seahawks teams to compete in BSHL games (Gold and Silver Divisions)
- Cost: $950 (Team jersey and socks included)
- To Register for South Shore Seahawks: Welcome | LTP U6 and U8 Mite Development | South Shore Seahawks (sportngin.com)
- USA Hockey number required to register with Seahawks.
- Volunteering/Coaching: All of the coaches are volunteers. If you have any hockey/figure skating background, and would like to help coach on the ice, please contact Bryan Duggan at email@example.com
- Season: September - March (approx. 28 weeks)
- Equipment/Preparation: Full equipment required
If you have any questions, please contact
U6 - Learn to Play Hockey Level Director